2016 Registration filled quickly, so register your students early this year. Registration will open in May 2017.
The 2017 HMK Children’s Water Festival will be on October 2nd & 3rd at the Kinark Outdoor Centre. Spaces are limited. Attendance is FREE.
The Water Hero Challenge
Teachers, be sure to follow up your visit with the Water Hero program! See www.waterheroes.ca for details.
The Haliburton-Muskoka-Kawartha Children’s Water Festival brings together the expertise of educators, water quality and quantity specialists, community volunteers, conservation groups, industry and government to provide elementary students in the Haliburton, Muskoka and Kawartha regions with the opportunity to discover the importance and diversity of water.
Two of the primary objectives of this holistic-focused event are to develop personal awareness of the importance of water, and to foster respect for the natural environment. It is hoped that by increasing awareness and respect, as individuals we will make a commitment to use natural resources wisely.
Teacher’s Resource Guide
The Teacher’s Resource Guide is designed to:
- provide water based projects and an additional resource for teachers
- extend the water festival experience into classrooms, schools and communities
Teacher’s Planning Guide
The Teacher’s Planning Guide is designed to:
- help you organize your day
- suggest ways to prepare your students so they not only have fun, but also get the most learning possible from the day
- explain how the Festival activities meet the requirements of the Ontario Curriculum at each grade level
- offer ideas for further study back at school
The following documents are available:
- Teacher’s Planning Guide 2017
- Parent Information Guide 2017
- Teacher’s Planning Itinerary 2017
- Activity Centre Listing 2017
- Activity Centres Map 2017
- Teacher’s Resource Guide (27 MB)
- Teacher’s Notes