|Location:||Baseball Diamond Field|
A demonstration that introduces students to the biology and ecology of the osprey with an emphasis on its migration.
Presented by Friends of the Osprey.
Ontario Curriculum ConnectionsScience and Technology:
- Understanding Life Systems, Grade 4 (Habitats and Communities)
- analyze the positive and negative impacts of human interactions with natural habitats and communities, taking different perspectives into account, and evaluate ways of minimizing the negative impacts
- identify factors that affect the ability of plants and animals to survive in a specific habitat
- demonstrate an understanding of habitats as areas that provide plants and animals with the necessities of life
- demonstrate an understanding of a community as a group of interacting species sharing a common habitat
- describe structural adaptations that allow plants and animals to survive in specific habitats
- Understanding Life Systems, Grade 6 (Biodiversity)
- identify and describe the distinguishing characteristics of different groups of plants and animals and use these characteristics to further classify various kinds of plants and animals
- use scientific inquiry/research skills to compare the characteristics of organisms within the plant or animal kingdoms